Learn about the upcoming NEON Webinar from our colleagues in the Division for Biological Infrastructure here or below.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) recently announced its intention to carry out a competition to manage the Operations and Maintenance of the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON). The Dear Colleague Letter (NSF 19-080) announcing this decision:
- provides general information on NEON,
- communicates that NSF anticipates initiating the competition,
- provides information on provisional goals,
- outlines a timeline for the competition, and
- invites comments and questions from eligible organizations interested in this competition (submit via email@example.com).
NSF will be hosting a webinar on September 11th at 2pm regarding the planned competition for operation and management of NEON. Individuals, teams, and organizations interested in submitting proposals should try to participate.
This webinar will discuss the timeline for executing the competition for the management of NEON Operations and Maintenance. It will highlight key decision points by NSF and identify critical dates for activities related to the competition. The webinar will also provide information on the post-award oversight requirements for awards managed through cooperative agreements (CAs). Following the presentation, there will be a question and answer period.
For more details about NEON, please consult the NEON Project webpage.